After some fun sleuthing, and a complete lack of answers from the big G, I finally found a solution to a problem that has really been bugging me. A while after upgrading to Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 13, I found that sites with Flash in them would freeze. This was happening on all browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome) and was quite perplexing. I finally found this super user [StackExchange] post which pointed toward the audio drivers. After further inspection I noticed that the Conexant SmartAudio service wasn't started and errors associated to a file not being found in the application logs. Turns out it was pointed to %SystemRoot%\System32\Sasrv.exe which didn't exist. After searching for Sasrv.exe on my machine I found it in %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\. So I went into the registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SAService and changed ImagePath to be the SysWOW64 path instead of System32 and BAM! it worked. The service started up and I, so far cross your fingers, haven't had anymore flash problems. In addition to flash not working I did notice Cortana would also not respond due to the mic not working properly and that problem is fixed too! Wish the Conexant driver devs could get their paths right.
UPDATE: The problem is back, so it seems this isn't a permanent solution, SO SAD!!!! Lenovo, Conexant need to get their act together on this one.
It finally works after the latest Windows 10 release, what a pain this was to deal with!ReplyDelete
THIS IS GENIUS, instantly got my Conexant service started. Seriously like the only one out there who had an answer that does anything moderately useful. Great thinking!ReplyDelete